Re: [AMBER] many initial systems for a two molecules system

From: Fabian Glaser <fglaser.technion.ac.il>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 10:44:45 +0300

Hi Jason,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer, my objective is to study the interaction between tow small molecules, but since I have no idea of how they interact, what I thought is to use implicit solvent model and then pull and push the molecules from each other slowly and keep 50 or 100 conformations when they are close, to start a long dynamics for each of them. The idea is to obtain the largest possible sampling, without investing 3 months.The problem with the umbrella sampling (which I may not to understand correctly) is that I don't even know what is the appropriate distance between center of masses of both molecules, or when I should stop the simulation.

Well I guess I ned to try, any additional suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Fabian

_______________________________
Fabian Glaser, PhD

Head of the Structural Bioinformatics section
Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit - BKU

The Lorry I. Lokey Interdisciplinary
Center for Life Sciences and Engineering
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
Haifa 32000, ISRAEL

fglaser.technion.ac.il
Tel: +972 4 8293701
Fax: +972 4 8225153