Re: [AMBER] On combining different force-fields and charge-derivation methods

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 13:08:48 +0200

Dear Mohammad,

You could use R.E.D. Server Dev./PyRED at
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/

PyRED generates force field for molecular fragments and does not only
perform charge derivation.

See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/news.php
     http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/Documentation/
     http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4.php

Concerning a reasonable cocktail I would use a homogeneous system; For
proteins and modified amino-acid residues I would simply use the last
version of the Amber force field for... proteins.

regards, Francois