Re: [AMBER] antechamber parametrization of desoxycorticosterone

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 09:26:13 -0400

On Thu, 2014-08-21 at 15:59 +0300, BATUHAN KAV wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to parametrize desoxycorticosterone (C_21-H_30-O_3) with
> antechamber. Then I will simulate this molecule along with the protein.
>
> Using antechamber, I entered this command
>
> antechamber -i des.pdb -fi pdb -o des.mol2 -fo mol2 -c bcc -s 2
>
> but I ended up with
>
> Error: cannot run "/home/peptid/Desktop/master/software/amber14/bin/sqm -O
> -i sqm.in -o sqm.out" of bcc() in charge.c properly, exit

you needed all hydrogen atoms added to your PDB file. We also told you
the problem with pasting a PDB file directly in an email.

> and tail of sqm.out file is
>
> QMMM: ERROR!
> QMMM: Unable to achieve self consistency to the tolerances specified
> QMMM: No convergence in SCF after 1000 steps.
> QMMM: E = -0.4929E+06 DeltaE = 0.1319E+01 DeltaP = 0.4179E-01
> QMMM: Smallest DeltaE = 0.2006E-04 DeltaP = 0.2178E-02 Step = 94

You clearly need to add hydrogen atoms. You shouldn't expect a sensible
wavefunction from any QM program without all of the atoms and electrons
present.

If you still get a problem even after you've fixed your PDB file, try
putting the error message into Google and see if you can find any
helpful advice before emailing the list -- you will probably find your
answer faster that way.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University