Re: [AMBER] QM/MM in Amber

From: Brian Radak <radak004.umn.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 14:13:21 -0400

PM3 has all of the same terms as any of the other NDDO methods with the
addition of Gaussian screening terms as per the AM1-type methods. Some of
the dispersion corrected methods are implemented in SQM, but you will have
to read carefully about these, as they may not be widely tested or used.

I am pretty sure there are quite a few benchmark papers on various
semiempirical methods, probably including base stacking energies. I would
give the literature a brief survey (Google Scholar is probably sufficient
for this).

Regards,
Brian

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Muthukumaran R <kumaran.bicpu.edu.in>
wrote:

> Dear amber users,
>
> I am running QMMM module implemented in the
> Amber 11 package. Here is my input md.in file
>
> imin=0,irest=1,ntx=5,
> nstlim=25000,dt=0.001,
> ntc=2,ntf=2,
> cut=10, ntb=2, ntp=1, taup=1.0,
> ntpr=50, ntwx=50,
> ntt=3, gamma_ln=2.0,
> temp0=300.0,
> ifqnt=1,
> /
> &qmmm
> qmmask=":18-20,39-41,60-62",
> qmcharge=-5,
> qm_theory="PM3",
> qmcut=10.0,
> qmshake=0,
> writepdb=1,
> /
>

> I am using PM3 theory for quantum calculations. Do PM3 method account the
> dispersion effect (electron correlation functions) to model long range
> interactions??
>
> To be more specific while dealing with DNA, PM3 methods includes the
> base-pair stacking interaction energies??
>
> Thanks in advance..

================================ Current Address =======================
 Brian Radak                                            :     BioMaPS
Institute for Quantitative Biology
 PhD candidate - York Research Group       :     Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey
 University of Minnesota - Twin Cities          :     Center for
Integrative Proteomics Room 308
 Graduate Program in Chemical Physics     :     174 Frelinghuysen Road,
 Department of Chemistry                          :     Piscataway, NJ
08854-8066
 radak004.umn.edu                                 :