Re: [AMBER] errors for surf command in cpptraj

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 14:15:32 -0600

Hi,

The key message is here (although a bit buried):

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Wei Chen <cwbluesky.gmail.com> wrote:
> MOLSURF: Calculating surface area for 10112 atoms.
> ----- test.mdcrd (1-5, 1) -----
> 0% 25% 50% reroute(): cusp edge mismatch
> 75% 100% Complete.

This indicates that the algorithm encountered a discontinuity in the
surface, which can occasionally happen for certain geometries. You
could try slightly adjusting the probe radius (by e.g. ~0.1), set the
probe radius to 0.0 and the offset to 1.4, or better yet if possible
just ignore that frame in your output.

-Dan