Re: [AMBER] Using polarized force field lead to large RMS in the second step of minimization

From: 张冬冬 <zhangdongdong13.mails.ucas.ac.cn>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 17:26:33 +0800 (GMT+08:00)

Hi,
Thanks so much for your reply! With your remind, I've changed the force field to try again.
Actually I'm quite sure about the underlying problem behind the results, which have large RMS, stars form like **** of VDW and EEL in it. I have checked the system structure and found that there are two atoms ( belonging to different residues ) getting very closer (almost sitting on each other) and one near bond is stretched after finishing the minimization step two. My question is why this phenomenon (large RMS, stars form like **** of VDW and EEL) happens once in the beginning of the minimization step two? It is still OK in the end of minimization step one. Also, when I compare these results with those produced using non-polarized FF, no such weird things happen. I wonder where it is the polarized FF that leads to the large nonbond interaction between these atoms. Thank you.