Re: [AMBER] Error: invalid configuration argument launching kernel kPMEFillChargeGridBuffer

From: Pablo Ródenas <pablo.rodenas.bsc.es>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 08:59:17 +0200

Good morning Dan,

thanks for your reply.

The problem is also appearing with pmemd.cuda, I will try to recompile
it with mpich2 but I think the error is related with the CUDA side
instead of the MPI side.

Best regards,
Pablo.

On 08/12/2014 07:34 PM, Daniel Roe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It appears that the problem is only with pmemd.cuda.MPI; is that
> right? I have often encountered issues when using openmpi. Can you try
> compiling with mpich2 and see if the problem disappears?
>
> -Dan
>
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 12:00 AM, Pablo Ródenas <pablo.rodenas.bsc.es> wrote:
>> Good morning,
>>
>> after testing the installation, the error is still appearing in every
>> CUDA execution of the user's input but not with the CPU version of
>> Amber14 or previous versions of Amber with CUDA. Any hint about how to
>> avoid it or what else can I check?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> Pablo.
>>

>> On 08/07/2014 04:54 PM, Pablo Ródenas wrote:
>>> Thanks for your answer Jason,
>>>
>>> I ran the CUDA and CUDA parallel tests and I obtained the following
>>> results depending on the case, but all failures were due to a small
>>> differences in the numbers:
>>> CUDA (installation was done with gcc/4.6.1, mkl/11.1 and cuda/5.0)
>>> 90 passed, 35 failures (expected) and 0 errors
>>> all tests done over driver 304.54 and 331.62 with the same results.
>>>
>>> CUDA PARALLEL (installation was done with gcc/4.6.1, mkl/11.1, cuda/5.0
>>> and openmpi/1.7.3)
>>> DO_PARALLEL=4 and driver 304.54 --> 50 passed, 37 failures and 0 errors
>>> DO_PARALLEL=4 and driver 331.62 --> 47 passed, 40 failures and 0 errors
>>> DO_PARALLEL=8 and driver 304.54 --> 23 passed, 61 failures and 10 errors