Re: [AMBER] Minimization and equilibration with SANDER.MPI and production with PMEMD.cuda ??

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 10:17:48 -0400

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Hirdesh Kumar <hirdesh.iitd.gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I checked that ibelly is not applicable with PMEMD so in order to put
> restrain on my protein during minimization and heating, I am using
> sander.MPI ..
>
> And once it is equilibrated, I used PMEMD.cuda to run the actually
> production. Is it acceptable ?

​Yes.

As a side note, you can often use positional restraints instead of belly to
keep atoms fixed to a certain spot with a spring constant while still
allowing it to jiggle a _little_. This is more common in my experience
than using belly, but YMMV.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University