Re: [AMBER] problem with chamber & vmd generated psf (line 2349 of file psfprm.F90)

From: Marc van der Kamp <marcvanderkamp.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014 16:58:12 +0100

Hi Jason,

Perhaps the LJ parameters are the problem, but not the only one... ;)
FYI, chamber (now working, with the instructions from Sarah earlier in this
thread) reports:
   --- Found all atom types in topology file

WARNING: No NONBONDED parameter section in this stream file:
| /users/chmwvdk/toppar/c36_dec13/top_all36_cgenff.rtf
WARNING: No NONBONDED parameter section in this stream file:
| ../RS1.str.txt

   --- Found all nonbond parameters

I tried to make a 'simple' CGenFF test-case for parmed.py based on my
system - just the ligand (with CGenFF atom types) and some water molecules.
But now I consistently get the following error from parmed.py
Action chamber failed
ChamberError: Problem reading CHARMM PSF

This is the case with a XPLOR-style and a CHARMM-style psf (with the latter
including the " 0 0 !NUMLP NUMLPH" line that Sarah indicated
should be added for chamber compatibility).

Attached is a tarball with this test system, with:
dry.rs1.psf - the XPLOR psf
dry.rs1_charmm.psf - the CHARMM psf
dry.rs1.pdb - the coordinates

The top and par files are also included, and I ran this by using the
following command in parmed.py:

chamber -top top_all36_prot_ksi.rtf -param par_all36_prot_cgenff_ksi.prm
-psf dry.rs1_charmm.psf -crd dry.rs1.pdb
Creating chamber topology file from PSF dry.rs1_charmm.psf, RTF files
[top_all36_prot_ksi.rtf], and PAR files [par_all36_prot_cgenff_ksi.prm]
Coords from dry.rs1.pdb. Using CMAP. GB Radius set mbondi.
Action chamber failed
ChamberError: Problem reading CHARMM PSF

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Marc
PS Thanks to Sarah and Michael, I got my original system converted using
chamber and some manual changes, incl. the NBFIX applied through ParmEd.