Re: [AMBER] Question concerning a torsion parameter

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 20:55:52 -0700

On Wed, Aug 06, 2014, Mohammad Salem wrote:

> I am a bit confused on how the parameter for the dihedral angle: O -C -N -CX is called from, say, PARM10.dat
> I can’t find that exact torsion. What I can find is: X -C -N -X as follows:
>
> X -C -N -X 4 10.00 180.0 2. AA,NMA
>
> Why is it then 180 and not 0?

With 0, you would have energy maxima at 0 and 180 degrees, which would be the
opposite of what you want. With 180, you get minima at the 0 (cis) and 180
(trans) positions. Plotting the energy vs. torsion angle would be a good way
to convince yourself that you really understand how things are working.

....dac