Re: [AMBER] GPU error Attempting MC barostat change: Failed

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 11:03:58 -0700

> On Jul 24, 2014, at 7:10 AM, Raman Parkesh <rparkesh.gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All, I
> I am getting familiar with amber GPU MD. I was running GPU benchmark
> calculations using input files from ambermd.org/gups
> (cellulose_production_NPT).
>

> My system details are:
>
> Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU . 3.70GHz
>
> Cuda : VIDIA-SMI 331.62 Driver Version: 331.62
>
> Graphics card : GeForce GTX 770, 2GB
> ASUS P9X79 Motherboard
>

> The input file for running MD is
>
> Typical Production MD NVT
> &cntrl
> ntx=5, irest=1,
> ntc=2, ntf=2,
> nstlim=10000,
> ntpr=1000, ntwx=1000,
> ntwr=10000,
> dt=0.002, cut=8.,
> ntt=1, tautp=10.0,
> temp0=300.0,
> ntb=2, ntp=1, barostat=2,
> ioutfm=1,
> /
> I have few queries
> 1) In this input file, do we have to specify ntb=2? if we have barostat=2.

The ntb variable does not have to be set anymore.

> 2) Anyway when I ran this calculations, using topology and coordinate files
> provided, I got the error in the input file, which is pasted at the end of
> message. In short I am getting this error, which I don't understand. It
> seems odd!

What error are you talking about? I couldn't really make sense of everything you posted here since you seemed to post multiple output files, some that were truncated.

However, I did not see a single error message (I may have missed it in the large amount of output you pasted), do you will have to be specific about what concerns you.

HTH,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher