Re: [AMBER] To get resp charges of a modified central residue (not an integer).

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 18:03:29 +0200

Dear Baptiste,

> It works very fine with the RED server following the procedure below. I
> had some missing force field parameters but I found them in the literature.
> If the missing parameters are not available, which solution is the more
> straighforward to obtain them and fill the user.frcmod?

1) look at parameters available in parm99.dat (can be adapted), and by
analogy determine the missing ones (this is what we started to do in
the PyRED source code : this leads to the frcmod.correspondence file)

2) look at parameters available in gaff.dat and by analogy determine
the missing ones (in general they are slightly adapted)

3) compute your own force field parameters - this is particularly
required for key dihedral parameters.

regards, Francois