[AMBER] How do I apply cpptraj.timecorr to the output dataset of cpptraj.dihedral?

From: Jose Borreguero <borreguero.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 19:40:48 -0400

Dear Amber users,

I want to calculate the time autocorrelation function of a dihedral angle.
I've used dihedral command from cpptraj to get the angle. For instance:

dihedral theta .Si6 .C18 .C20 .C24 out theta.dat

Command timecorr requires a vector as input, so I guess my question is how
do I translate dataset theta into vector set (cos(theta), sin(theta), 0) so
that I can feed it to timecorr.

Related question: with output file theta.dat I can create file vector.dat
with columns cos(theta), sin(theta), and 0. Then is it possible to read
file vector.dat into a vector set that I can pass to timecorr?

Best regards,
-Jose Borreguero