Re: [AMBER] RNA covalent bond angles

From: Niel Henriksen <shireham.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 08:19:38 -0700

This is something that we are aware of, but perhaps it should be described
in detail somewhere. Like Christina said, it's a problem from long ago. I
believe the reason the parameters don't match experimentally derived values
is due to limitations from using the same atom type for multiple different
atoms. The "exact" solution would be to have a unique atom type for every
atom in your molecule, but that's not practical. Until we do a rehaul of
the RNA/DNA atom typing, these errors will show up when doing the PDB
validation steps.

If I recall, there are some truly bad angles in the purine bases.

Best,
--Niel