Re: [AMBER] To get resp charges of a modified central residue (not an integer).

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 08:20:58 +0200

Dear Baptiste,

The total charge of a molecular fragment originating from a molecule
has to be an integer, and this can be only achieved by applying
specific charge constraint(s) during the charge fitting step.

You could use R.E.D. Server Dev./PyRED at
    http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/
See
    http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/news.php
    http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/Documentation/

See the corresponding tutorial:
    http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4.php

PyRED generates an empirical force field (force field libraries +
force field parameters) and a LEaP script for input molecules and
molecular fragments.

In your case read:
  http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4.php#16
   vs
  http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4.php#25
   vs
  http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4.php#26

once the job is done you end up with a leap script:
  See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4.php#6

    tar -jxvf P$x.tar.bz2
    cd P$x/Data-R.E.D.Server/Data-Default-Proj
    xleap -f leaprc.q4mdfft

That means no need to load gaff + amber99 + whatever additional force
field_s_ and no need to load tons of useless atom types ;-)
A single force field is generated based on parm99, and a user can even
provide missing and/or mandatory force field parameters as input via
the frcmod.user file (see
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/Tutorial/Tutorial-4.php#9).
Thus only required force field atom types/parameters are generated
(generic dihedral force field parameters are also converted into
specific ones to prepare MM vs QM dihedral fit etc...).

I hope this helps...

regards, Francois