Re: [AMBER] Downloading old versions of AMBERTools

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 16:10:50 -0700

​​
n Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 2:55 PM, Marawan Hussien <marawanhussain.yahoo.com>
wrote:

> ​​
> Hi,
> ​​
> I am asking how can I download old versions of AMBERTools (1.2, 1.5)

​​
​Those downloads were taken down ​after AmberTools 14 was released,
although you can still get AmberTools 13 under the "Downloads" section of
the Amber web page. They are very old and unsupported, and are really only
needed by people that want to run Amber 10 (AmberTools 1.2) and Amber 11
(AmberTools 1.5).

Since sander was bundled with AmberTools 14, there is little reason (and no
personnel) to continue supporting Amber 10 and 11. Since you need Amber12
or Amber14 to use pmemd.cuda, the only thing Amber11 and Amber10 have that
AmberTools 14 does not is pmemd on the CPU (with significantly less
functionality than pmemd from Amber 14).

The last time I tried compiling either of those versions of AmberTools, it
was a bit of a challenge back-porting fixes required for newer compilers
and setups. If you really needed those versions, we might be able to
provide a download for it, but I doubt anybody will be able to help you
compile it.

Hope this helps,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University