[AMBER] Fwd: Re: [q4md-fft] Issues Running, missing Ante_RED 2

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 11:43:55 +0200

Dear Malachi,

I forward the answer to the amber mailing list...

regards, Francois

----- Forwarded message from fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org -----
     Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 17:48:47 +0200
     From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
  Subject: Re: [q4md-fft] Issues Running, missing Ante_RED 2
       To: q4md-fft.q4md-forcefieldtools.org, Malachi Phillips
<mphillipscompositions.gmail.com>

Dear Malachi,

> After some lengthy work of setting up my computer to run Ubuntu
> 14.04 on a virtual box virtual machine on my mac, I attempted to
> install AmberTools14, GAMESS (built with gfortran 4.6), as well as
> R.E.D. (or Resp Esp).
>
> I first started by running perl Ante_RED-1.5.pl pdb.pdb on ethanol
> (a very small test system to test the software), and created a .p2n
> file that seemed reasonable.
>
> HOWEVER, I notice that desire my installing the most recent version
> of RED (III.52), I nevertheless do not have the Ante Red 2.0 script
> to run with. Perhaps this is the issue? I cannot find the file, so
> if you could email me the file that would suffice.

Ante_R.E.D. 1.x and RED-III.x are available for download at
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/RED/

Ante_RED 2.0 and R.E.D. IV are only available at
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer/.

However, all these tools are now outdated and R.E.D. Server Dev./PyRED
does replace Ante_RED 2.0 AND R.E.D. IV:
See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/
      http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/Documentation
      http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDServer-Development/news.php

> Anyways, whenever running the command
> perl RED-vIII.5.pl > test.log &
>
> The job immediately finishes. Upon looking at the test.log file I
> see an error code that the optimization output could not be found.
> Here is the text from it:
>
> ---------------------------
> * Welcome to R.E.D. III.52 *
> RESP ESP charge Derive
> http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/RED/
>
> CHARGE TYPE = RESP-A1

|...]

> ERROR: The optimization OUTPUT can not be found

See http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/RED/HowTo-III.5.pdf
   see "- Mode 2" page 3.

regards, Francois

----- End forwarded message -----