Re: [AMBER] formal charge of the ligand

From: Mary Varughese <maryvj1985.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 11:43:21 +0530

Hi,

Infact i tried MD simulation with three nucleic acid sequences. I
assigned a -1 charge (COO-)(chimera also gives -1) in the assumption
that under physiological condition it will most probably assume COO-
state. The binding seems to be stable. but on MMPBSA calculation
PBtotal = -5.8 and TdeltaS= -17.8. What do you think about the result.
Is this not a possible binding. Should i neglect the entropy part.
 the ligand actually binds in the experiments. ( its not caffeic acid
but another ligand including COOH group)
Its at this point i doubt the appropriateness of -ve charge.
Is it normal to take 0 charge with COOH? i asked similar reference to
compare the result obtained in mmpbsa with charged ligands.

I am really in need of your's suggestions.

Thank you very much for the valuable suggestions.

Mary Varughese