Re: [AMBER] Fwd: problem while USING GLYCAM for Gammacyclodextrin-Reg.

From: Lachele Foley <lf.list.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 14:13:14 -0400

You almost have it! :-)

First things, tho: you can download updated parameters and use them,
even in an older leap. I recommend doing this. You just need to put
the files in the relevant places in the AMBERHOME tree or modify your
tleap and the file contents to point to the new location.

Current params: glycam.org/currentparams
All params, and docs for them: glycam.org/params

The issue is that you combined the lig and receptor into the complex
before you issued the bond commands. When you combine, you make a new
thing that is the combination of the two others. So, when you modified
the bonds in "receptor", you were only modifying that and not the copy
of "receptor" that had now become part of "complex."

Try this variant, and do consider using the updated params instead of
06h. Also, the different file suffixes are nicer if using VMD to
check things.

=======================
source leaprc.GLYCAM_06h # or, better: leaprc.GLYCAM_06j-1
source leaprc.gaff
LIG = loadmol2 LIG.mol2
loadamberparams LIG.frcmod
check LIG

receptor = loadPDB rec.pdb
bond receptor.901.C1 receptor.902.O4
bond receptor.902.C1 receptor.903.O4
bond receptor.903.C1 receptor.904.O4
bond receptor.904.C1 receptor.905.O4
bond receptor.905.C1 receptor.906.O4
bond receptor.906.C1 receptor.907.O4
bond receptor.907.C1 receptor.908.O4
bond receptor.908.C1 receptor.901.O4
check receptor

complex = combine {receptor LIG}

set default PBRadii mbondi2
saveAmberParm LIG LIG.parm7 LIG.rst7
saveAmberParm receptor rec.parm7 rec.rst7
saveAmberParm complex com.parm7 com.rst7
savepdb complex complex_gas.pdb
charge complex
addIons complex Na+ 0
solvateBox complex TIP3PBOX 8.0
saveAmberParm complex com_solvated.parm7 com_solvated.rst7
savepdb complex com_solvated.pdb
quit

:-) Lachele
Lachele Foley