Re: [AMBER] On the usage of the position restrains during equilibration

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 22:31:33 +0400

Bill,

many thanks for suggestion. But during amber workshop it has been mentioned
that system should been heated in NVT initially. In this regards should
the total workflow be
1) NVT (heating. system with applied posres on protein),
2) NPT (equilibration, system with applied posres on protein). <- what
should be provided in input file for better stabilization of box volume?
How much time water-soluble system should be equilibration? What outputs in
log should be checked (I've always find big fluctuations in reassure with
any barostat used) ?
3) NVT (production, free protein)- barostat turned off

Will such approach (production in nvt instead of npt) be suitable for
membrane protein simulation as well?

James