Re: [AMBER] MPI and parallel installation

From: Gerald Monard <Gerald.Monard.univ-lorraine.fr>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 21:06:49 +0200

Hi,

On 06/18/2014 07:44 PM, Simone Fulle wrote:
> Dear Amber users,
>
> I am trying to install Ambertools 14 and Amber14 on a OpenSuse 12.3 machine. Unfortunately, I am having problems to get the parallel/MPI version running. (the serial tests finished without any error). What I did is:
>

> # MPI Installation
> cd /usr/local
> tar xvfj openmpi-1.8.1.tar.bz2
> ln -s openmpi-1.8.1/ openmpi

The command above should be avoided: when you do 'make install', you
install the binaries and the librairies in the directory where you
compiled. Best practices are to install in another directory. Comment
this 'ln -s' directive: you compile in /usr/local/openmpi-1.8.1, and you
install in /usr/local/openmpi. You can keep the others commands as they are.
Hope that will solve your problem,

Gerald.

> cd /usr/local/openmpi-1.8.1
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/openmpi