Re: [AMBER] Topology issue with MMPBSA.py

From: JPB <jpb.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 15:37:06 +0200

Hi Jason,

Thanks for quick answer and insight.

To clarify the warning message itself:
C: 11 1;
means the C atom number 11 has only 1 bond, doesn't-it?
I was not clear where the 1 was coming from.

I had already checked my topology with xleap and vmd
and this is one of the reasons this message was so disturbing.

Moreover, all the other carbon atoms in the structure are described
by CA type as well, each of them have 3 bonds, and none of them causes
problem.
I also tried a similar computation with the same procedure on
ethylbenzene and everything went smoothly, no warning message.
It really looks like an Sp2 (in vinylbenzene) carbon at this
particular position
triggers the output of the warning message and not a Sp3 one (in
ethylbenzene).
As I said, it is still kind of disturbing.

Cheers.
JPB.