Re: [AMBER] different number of waters

From: MURAT OZTURK <murozturk.ku.edu.tr>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 02:07:34 +0300

Hey Jiom,

I've had the exact same issue trying to run benchmark systems on GROMACS
vs. AMBER a few weeks ago. I have found that I can limit the number of
solvent molecules using genbox (with -maxsol) from Gromacs. Assuming Amber
was closer to correct density, I have instructed Gromacs to introduce as
many water molecules as Amber does.

I don't know the actual reason behind the issue but this protocol worked
fine for me. Even though the Gromacs box was half empty in the beginning it
quickly equilibrated and ran without errors.

Regards,

Murat