Re: [AMBER] Query about QM/MM calculation using Amber/Gaussian interface

From: Soumendranath Bhakat <bhakatsoumendranath.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 13:01:44 +0200

Use these input for minimization if you are using QM/MM. Please use sander
and sander.MPI for running

Full_Mini.in

Initial minimization of QMMM: solvent molecules and added ions
 &cntrl
  imin = 1,
  maxcyc = 2500,
  ncyc = 750,
  ntb = 1,
  ntr = 1,
  cut = 12.0,
  ifqnt = 1,
 /
&qmmm
qmmask= '557,250,238.75,86,89,75',
qmcharge=0,
qmtheory=7, *(please suggest check once)*
qmshake=1,
qm_ewald=1,
qm_pme=1,
/

Hold the Protein fixed
10.0
RES 1 557

All the best.

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
wrote:

> > On Jun 13, 2014, at 5:50 AM, Kshatresh Dutta Dubey <kshatresh.gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Prof Monard,
> >
> > Many thanks for your quick response, still I am unable to find any
> > keyword that handles the optimizing process in sander. I went through the
> > manual bt I was unable to find such keyword. I will deeply appreciate you
> > if you help me to handle this process so that I can get proper QM
> > optimization.
> > Thanking you again.
>
> What you're looking for is a basic minimization. Look at the imin and
> ntmin flags.
>
> HTH,
> Jason
>

> > On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Gerald Monard <
> > Gerald.Monard.univ-lorraine.fr> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> You cannot use the Gaussian optimizer since it is sander that masters
> >> what happens to the coordinates (from a coordinate set, sander asks
> >> gaussian to compute an energy, it does not let gaussian modify them,
> >> hence the "force" keyword).
> >> You'd better use one of the optimizers available in sander (&cntrl
> >> namelist) instead.
> >>
> >> Gerald.

> keywords
> point