Re: [AMBER] NVT equilibration crash using CUDA

From: Soumendranath Bhakat <bhakatsoumendranath.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 11:15:27 +0200

Please check with these scripts from heating till MD.
 Heating

Heating Step of MMP3 (MMMM): stage-5
 &cntrl
  imin= 0,
  irest=1,
  NTX=1,
  ntb= 1,
  NTPR=500,
  NTWX=500,
  NTWR=500,
  ntr=1,
  Tempi=0.0,
  Temp0=300.0,
  NTT=3,
  gamma_ln=1.0,
  NTC=2,
  NTF=2,
  cut= 12.0,
  nstlim=2500,
  dt=0.002,
/
Keep Protein and inhibitor fixed with weak restraints
10.0
RES 1 557
END
END

Equilibration

Equilibration Step of MMP3 (MMMM): stage-1
 &cntrl
  imin= 0,
  irest=1,
  NTX=7,
  ntb=2,
  ntp=1,
  PRES0=1.0,
  TAUP=2.0,
  NTPR=500,
  NTWX=500,
  ntr=0,
  Tempi=300.0,
  Temp0=300.0,
  NTT=3,
  gamma_ln=1.0,
  NTC=2,
  NTF=2,
  cut=12.0,
  nstlim=250000,
  dt=0.002
 /

Production

Equilibration Step of MMP3 (MMMM): stage-1
 &cntrl
  imin= 0,
  irest=0,
  ig=-1,
  NTX=7,
  ntb=2,
  ntp=1,
  PRES0=1.0,
  TAUP=2.0,
  NTPR=500,
  NTWX=500,
  ntr=0,
  Tempi=300.0,
  Temp0=300.0,
  NTT=3,
  gamma_ln=1.0,
  NTC=2,
  NTF=2,
  cut=12.0,
  nstlim=2500000,
  dt=0.002
 /

If you need minimization scripts let me know. But I am sure it is fine.
Just run all these scripts usng PMEMD GPU. It works fine.

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 10:34 AM, James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
wrote:

> also please suggest me where in input file I should provide exactly box
> type used for the simulation. I had the problems with the rectangular boxes
> (not with the cubic) in spite of usage of ntp=3 with constant surface
> tension.
>
> James

> > Dear Amber users!
> >

> > I've faced with the problems during equilibration of my protein using
> > pmemd.cuda
> >
> > 1- I've started to heat my protein in nvt and quickly obtained
> >
> > ERROR: Calculation halted. Periodic box dimensions have changed too much
> > from their initial values.
> > Your system density has likely changed by a large amount, probably from
> > starting the simulation from a structure a long way from equilibrium.
> >
> > [Although this error can also occur if the simulation has blown up for
> > some reason]
> >
> > The GPU code does not automatically reorganize grid cells and thus you
> > will need to restart the calculation from the previous restart file.
> > This will generate new grid cells and allow the calculation to
> continue.
> > It may be necessary to repeat this restarting multiple times if your
> > system
> > is a long way from an equilibrated density.
> >
> > Alternatively you can run with the CPU code until the density has
> > converged
> > and then switch back to the GPU code.
> >
> > visualization show me that individual water have been moved towards the
> > box boundaries being separated from the rest of the solvent.
> >
> > What would be best solution here
> >
> > 1- Switch to the sander and perform all equilibration using cpu
> >
> > 2- Do equilibration using cuda starting in NPT (with frozen protein) with
> > applied barostat preventing such density artifacts ?
> >
> > James

Thanks & Regards;
Soumendranath Bhakat