Re: [AMBER] 【amber】center of mass&umbrella sampling

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 07:57:16 -0600

Note that you can use the 'rst' command in cpptraj to generate
distance/angle/dihedral restraints using mask expressions, e.g.:

rst :1-79 :80-158 r1 0 r2 10 r3 10 r4 100 rk2 1 rk3 1

This command can also be used with a reference structure to
automatically set r1-4, optionally subject to a width and offset. See
the manual for more details.

-Dan

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 6:20 AM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 3:11 AM, whb <wwwhbpt.gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear amber users:
>>
>> I want to know that the dimer-to-monomer transition of a protein
>> by
>> using CPHMD simulations and the umbrella sampling method to obtain the
>> potential of mean force(PMF) as a function of the distance between the
>> centers of mass of the two monomers.
>>
>> Now I have a little trouble writing the DISANG file. Monomer has 79AAs. I
>> don’t know how to acquire the original distance between the two monomers,
>> and don’t know how to define the distance between two residues. I tried to
>> read the manual, but still got a little problems. I hope someone could help
>> me finish the DISANG file. And tell me how to define the variable number.
>>
>> &rst
>>
>> iat=-1,-1,
>>
>> r1=0.0, r2=10.0, r3=10.0, r4=100.0,
>>
>> rk2 =1.0, rk3 = 1,
>>
>> iresid=1,
>>

>> igr1=1-79,
>>

> You cannot specify an atom range in a Fortran namelist. You must specify
> each atom your want in your group explicitly. To avoid adding a full 79
> atoms to each group, see if you can select a subset that will still give
> you basically the same center of geometry.
>
> Other than these errors that were easy to detect, it's impossible to
> provide help when we don't know what you did, what error you got, or what
> you mean by "define the variable number". Please try and be specific and
> report exactly what you tried and the messages you got (do _not_ paraphrase
> or summarize).
>
> HTH,
> Jason
>
> --