Re: [AMBER] ptraj in parallel

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 13:43:18 -0400

On Wed, 2014-04-30 at 08:56 -0700, zahra khatti wrote:
> Dear amberusers
>
> when I run ptraj on multi processors as below:
> mpirun -np 4 ptraj ....prmtop <trajin
> one processor is working.
> How can I run ptraj by mpirun?
> best regards.

Use the OpenMP-parallelized version of cpptraj from AmberTools 14,
instead. The MPI version of ptraj is not maintained anymore and I think
you'll get better performance using cpptraj from AmberTools 14 with
OpenMP enabled than you will with ptraj.MPI.

See Chapter 2 (p. 23) and section 28.2.6 of the Amber 14 manual for
information about installing and using the OpenMP version of cpptraj.

Good luck,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher