Re: [AMBER] Minimization with restraints

From: Valentina Romano <valentina.romano.unibas.ch>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 12:45:24 +0000

Dear Jason

Thank you for your answer.

As you said, even increasing the force constants the molecule was still slightly flexible.
I will try to increase more the force constants and see what appends.

By the way, I already tried to apply the NMR restraints( explained in chapter 23) and I thought that the "natural language" was a good way to apply them.
I thought i did understand how to use this system to define restraints, since applying it none restraints are applying on my complex.

The minimization file together with the restraints part is the following:

Initial minimisation of PknG-Adenine complex
 &cntrl
  imin=1, maxcyc=500, ncyc=250,
  cut=12, ntb=0, igb=0,
 &end
&rst
  iat=1,
  restraint = "angle(plane(3838,3841,3841,3843),plane(3837,3836,3836,3834))
  r1=-180, r2=0.0, r3=0.0, r4=180,
  rk2=100, rk3=100,
&end

The first plane is the benzene ring and the second the imidazole ring.

Is it wrong?

All the best
Valentina

Valentina Romano | PhD Student | Biozentrum, University of Basel & SIB Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
Klingelbergstrasse 61 | CH-4056 Basel |