Re: [AMBER] Problems during installation of amber-14 with cuda-5 on GTX 670

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 07:36:50 -0400

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014, James Starlight wrote:

> In any "entropy outputs" I've not detected any errors besides warnings in
> the > _MMPBSA_cpptraj_entropy.out
>
> ACTION OUTPUT:
> Warning: In covariance matrix 'comp.matrix', # of frames 100 is less than
> Warning: # of columns 14160. If diagonalized, the max # of non-zero

You won't get any useful entropy information out of a quasiharmonic
calculation with only 100 frames. As the warning indicates, you should have
more frames than degrees of freedom. (Lots more, in fact. You have a system
that is quite big for this sort of calculation.)

> warning: setting vibrational entropy to zero for mode 9413 with vtemp =
> -14945443.762680

This arises from the problem discussed above. (Dan: on the to-do list should
be to trap this sort of problem, and offer a better error message.)

...dac