Re: [AMBER] MM-PBSA for two drug molecules

From: Fabian Glaser <fglaser.technion.ac.il>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 07:38:11 +0300

Dear Ilyas,

Thanks a lot,

Yes the molecules get appart during the simulation no matter the size os the box, the bigger the quicker they fall appart. So I like your idea of using constraints.

I am trying to study the interaction of two drug molecules for HIV, no proteins involved at this moment. I would like to get information about their mutual interactions, energies, type of interactions, preferences, whatever than can teach me something about their preferences and interactions.

So I like your idea of using restraints but I would like to ask you several questions with your permission:

1) what force constant would you reccomend to use for the constraints?
2) what initial distance between the two molecules would you reccomend to use?
3) until now i tried 20ns dinamics should I use more to make an effective search of the space for the interactions of two drugs?
4) would be possible somehow to estimate the energy of interaction between the two molecules during or after the simulation?
5) Or clustering the most common forms of interaction after the dynamics, for that how long would you reccomend to perform it?

Thanks a lot!

Any additional suggestion will be highly appreciated,

Thanks a lot,
Fabian