Re: [AMBER] Accelerated MD

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 16:26:39 +0200

If you apply accel only on the dihedral potential, you will consider of course all atoms that contribute to the dihedral potential (do DNA atoms contribute or not?). If you apply accel to the total potential, you will of course consider all atoms in your system as all contribute to the total energy.

I would also advise you to read the most recent papers from the McCammon group. They have recently (PNAS paper 2013) introduced a more intuitive way to define the parameters that uses a single variable lambda to define both parameters. Especially useful for mixed systems.

I also agree with what Jason said.

Best,
Vlad

Sent from my android device.