Re: [AMBER] problem with installation amber12 and ambertools13 in ubuntu

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 10:28:50 -0600

Apologies for the delay in replying - gmail keeps sending legitimate
emails to my spam folder for some reason...

The only thing I can think of that is happening is somehow some of the
files in your cpptraj directory got overwritten so there are different
versions of the files present. Dave's recommendation to upgrade to
AmberTools 14 is the best one I think.

-Dan

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 7:13 AM, David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014, zahra khatti wrote:
>>
>> I get an error after these steps:
>> $AMBERHOME/ ./configure gnu/ make install:
>>
>> Action_AutoImage.cpp:143:55: error: ‘const class Atom’ has no member named ‘MolNum’
>
> This is very odd, and apparently even Dan doesn't recognize the problem.
> What is the result of typing "g++ --version"? What operating system are you
> using? And what is the result of typing "./update_amber --version" in the
> AMBERHOME directory?
>
> I'd suggest re-extracting the files from the AmberTools tar file, to make sure
> that you don't just have a corrupted file somewhere. You might also download
> AmberTools14 to see if the problem persists.
>
> ...good luck...dac

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry
University of Utah