Re: [AMBER] Calculation of charges, force constanst, bonds, angles of a ligand using antechamber and gaussian

From: Ahmet yıldırım <ahmedo047.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 09:57:41 +0300

Dear Users,

I am trying the following procedure but I have a problem.
http://www.teokem.lu.se/~ulf/Methods/resp.html

*Step 1:*Optimise the molecule with QM methods, typically B3LYP/6-31G*.
*My step 1:* I optimized that ligand using Gaussian09
(GaussView-Calculate-Gaussian Calculation Setup-Job
Type->Optimization-Method-
Ground State->DFT->Default Spin->B3LYP-Basis Set->6-31G(d)-Submit

*Step 2:*Calculate the electrostatic potential. For the Amber-99SB force
field, this should be done at the HF/6-31G* level (B3LYP/6-31G* if you have
metal sites). Other force fields require other levels of theory.
*My step 2:* For Calculation of electrostatic potential:
Gaussview-Open-optimized .chk file
Calculate-Gaussian Calculation Cetup-Job Type->Energy-Method-Ground
State->Hartree-Fock->Default Spin->-Basis Set->6-31G(d)-Additional Key
Words:Pop=MK
IOp(6/50=1)-Submit.

I get "Severe error 2070 message" in Step 2. I am using Gaussian 09
Revision-C.01. Where is my mistake?

*My step 3:* Finally I will use antechamber in this step.

Thanks in advance

Ahmet Yıldırım