Re: [AMBER] installation error

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 14:37:20 -0400

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014, zahra khatti wrote:

> I get this error for installing amber12 and ambertools13 after command
> "make install":
>
>  In file included from ../src/MM/amber.h:36:0,
>                  from mmE.cpp:42:
> ../src/MM/mmPotential.h:45:18: fatal error: zlib.h: No such file or directory

You need to install zlib, probably from a package distribution, such as
apt-get, yum, macports, cygwin, etc. The exact name of the package varies
on your OS, but search for one that inlcudes zlib.h.

A workaround is to include -nomtkpp on the configure line, but other parts
of Amber also require this library, so I don't know if that will be enough or
not.

...dac