Re: [AMBER] modified residues

From: Ilyas Yildirim <i-yildirim.northwestern.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 08:00:06 -0500 (CDT)

Do you want to derive only the charges or all the parameters for that
modified residue? It all depends on how you want to derive them. If it is
the charges that you want to calculate, you can either create a model
where you only fit the modified region. Or you can follow the original
resp protocol describe in the following paper (check out page 20 for
parameterization of amino acids).

P. Cieplak, W.D. Cornell, C. Bayly & P.A. Kollman. Application of the
multimolecule and multiconformational RESP methodology to biopolymers:
Charge derivation for DNA, RNA and proteins. J. Comput. Chem. 1995, 16,
1357-1377.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jcc.540161106/pdf

If you want to derive all the other force field parameters (such as bond,
angular, torsional terms as well as vdw) things will not be easy. I would
say the torsional parts would make sense to revise if it really is a
necessity.

   Ilyas Yildirim, Ph.D.
   = Department of Chemistry - 2145 Sheridan Road =
   = Northwestern University - Evanston, IL 60208 =
   = Ryan Hall #4035 (Nano Building) - Ph.: (847)467-4986 =
   = Website : http://ilyasyildirim.wordpress.com =
   = http://www.linkedin.com/in/yildirimilyas =
   = http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=O6RQCcwAAAAJ =