[AMBER] MM-PBSA for two drug molecules

From: Fabian Glaser <fglaser.technion.ac.il>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 13:46:58 +0300

Hi,

I am interested to calculate the free energy of interaction on many frames of MD for two drug like molecules, I plan the following:

1) Prepare the molecules with antechamber
2) Run MD in vacuum or water
3) Calculate MM-PBSA as you did for a protein-ligand on http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial3/

Is that a good idea for two copies of drug molecules (e.g. RITONAVIR)?
Is the correct approach?
Is there any paper on that? I did not found any, but I am not an expert in the matter.

Please note there is no protein involved here.... only two ligands.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Fabian

_______________________________
Fabian Glaser, PhD

Head of the Structural Bioinformatics section
Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit - BKU

The Lorry I. Lokey Interdisciplinary
Center for Life Sciences and Engineering
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
Haifa 32000, ISRAEL

fglaser.technion.ac.il
Tel: +972 4 8293701
Fax: +972 4 8225153