Re: [AMBER] rism1d error

From: Lists <T>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 09:37:10 -0700

Hi Brian,

I had some trouble getting my email client to using the correct SMTP server. Hopefully this gets through once and only once.

The, admittedly cryptic, error indicates that even though rism1d converged to a solution, it was unable to calculate the pressure of system. The current closures for RISM calculations have difficulties calculating accurate pressures (usually over estimating by about 1000) but this error indicates that, in your case, the numerical calculation was not possible.

This doesn’t mean that you can’t use the output .xvv but you should be cautious if you do so. At the very least, inspect the RDFs and make sure they make sense.

One *possible* cause in your case may be the total density of the system, which looks rather high. Your water density looks to be standard for bulk water but you’ve added in 2 M of Cl- and 1 M of Mg2+. Unless you have a good reason for using this amount of water with these ion concentrations, I would recommend using experimental values if available or a constant density approximation (the sum of all species remains constant).

Tyler