Re: [AMBER] Generate a pdb with unique atom names

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 07:08:46 +0200

Dear Jean-Patrick,

Yes two atoms in a given residue cannot share the same name _when
building a force field library_. You could try R.E.D. Server
Development/R.E.D. Python at
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS-Development/ to give you some
ideas; providing a PDB file with 'elements' as atom names.

R.E.D. Python does automatically correct atom names if redundant atom
names are found; See the documentation:
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS-Development/Documentation
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDS-Development/Documentation/Project.config

# Correct the atom names of molecule'$n' so that two atoms in a given
residue cannot share the same name:
# If not provided in the 'Project.config' file MOLECULE'$n'-ATMCOR =
ON1 by default
# If MOLECULE'$n'-ATMCOR = ON1 only redundant atom names are renamed
# If MOLECULE'$n'-ATMCOR = ON2 all the atoms are renamed so that an
atom name is composed by its chemical element and an integer, which is
automatically incremented
# If MOLECULE'$n'-ATMCOR = OFF atom names are not corrected, when
duplicates are found (not recommended).
MOLECULE1-ATMCOR = ON1

Here to name the atoms or rename redundant names you could use your
own empirical rules; or an atom name can be composed of the chemical
element (1 or 2 characters in capital_?) + an integer, which is
automatically incremented...

regards, Francois