[AMBER] Generate a pdb with unique atom names

From: Jean-Patrick Francoia <jeanpatrick.francoia.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 21:38:37 +0200

Hello,

I am a master student, and one of my course is molecular dynamic. So, in
class we use (the old) Amber 9 to minimize some structures, for example.
Also, one of our exercices is to build the structure of a lysine polymer
with Python (a programmation language), and then to minimize the
structure with Amber.

The important thing is my Python program generates a SMILE string. I can
import this string with plenty of softwares, and then save it into the
pdb format. But in this pdb, each atom does not have a unique name, a
very common issue when using Amber.

So, I would like to know if there is a solution to assign each atom a
unique name. I have seen a lot of threads dealing about this problem on
the mailing list, but I have never seen any solution. I can't obviously
rename each atom by hand.

Sincerely