Re: [AMBER] rdf averaging problem

From: newamber list <newamberlist.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 00:32:27 +0100

Hi Daniel

Sorry but I believe intrdf has some bug ( or please ignore if it was kept
intentionally to make user aware what he/she is doing)

As you must have the data with you (for the rdf you plotted):

radial rdf_all.dat 0.1 10 :WAT (:484,441,382,213>.100&.Cl-) intrdf
int_all.dat

In this case RDF is averaged nicely but intrdf is not (you can also see
water goes upto 10e6, though I know it is integral but I would expect to
give an average). As I checked, simple fix is to divide all values by
#mask2 (numbers in mask2).

vs

radial rdf_1.dat 0.1 10 :WAT :#1Cl- intrdf int1.dat
radial rdf_2.dat 0.1 10 :WAT :#2Cl- intrdf int2.dat
& so on, finally average all int*.dat and rdf_*.dat

Here in this case rdf_*.dat when averaged should be same as rdf_all.dat
(which you also got same) but the average of int*dat is not same as
int_all.dat (but one has to divide by #mask2 to get same values as in
averaged rdf_*dat)

kind regards
jiomm