[AMBER] Mailing list problems

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 11:02:26 -0400

Hi everyone:

In the past few days, yahoo has made a change to its email policy, that
has resulted in major disruptions for many mailing lists, including the
Amber list. You can find a ton of discussion about this by searching on
Google for "dmarc yahoo mailing list".

Most or all users with yahoo, hotmail, live.com and aol.com addresses have
been unsubscribed by our mailing list server, since list mail to those
addresses now cannot be delivered. (So, the people most affected are probably
not even seeing this message....)

We apologize for the problems. We are certainly not alone, and all of
our mailing list administration is done completely on a volunteer basis. The
only immediate thing you can do is to subscribe to the Amber list with a
different email address. You can also visit the mailing list archive (see the
link on the Amber home page) to see any mail you may have missed.

We will try to find a fix as soon as we can, but our strengths are in
coding MD algorithms, not in email security issues. If you *are* really
good at this, and are willing to help, please send me a private email
(to dacase1.gmail.com), and I'll pass the info along to the appropriate
people.

...thx...dac