Re: [AMBER] Ligand-residue interaction plot

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 08:39:31 -0400

Your question was asked and answered close to an hour ago on the mailing
list. Please check your spam filters to make sure you are getting emails
to the amber mailing list.

I've answered one of your questions in the text below

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 7:39 AM, Arunima Shilpi <writetoash28.gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Sir
>
> Presently I am doing binding free energy decomposition was performed based
> on
> MM/GBSAdelta and MM/PBSA .
>
> I want to plot energy contributions from each residue with the ligand thus
> plotting ligand-residue inteaction scpectra.

> Kindly guide me with the command to be used to study the interaction.

It is impossible to prepare a command (script or program) with Amber that
will do EVERY type of analysis people would want. Analyzing data that is
generated _from_ an analysis program is typically not the domain of Amber
programs. For instance, it may be a plotting program like gnuplot,
xmgrace, or some spreadsheet coupled with either a clever little script you
wrote or a bit of work copying numbers from one place to another.

To create the plots you want, you can do any number of things -- you can
copy your data into a spreadsheet (like MS Excel or
OpenOffice/LibreOffice), you can write a script to postprocess the data and
put it into a format understood by xmgrace or gnuplot, you can write a
Python script with the matplotlib library to postprocess and plot in the
same step, you can do the same in matlab, etc.

Long story short, this step is up to you.

Good luck,

BioMaPS,
Rutgers University
Postdoctoral Researcher