Re: [AMBER] Why do I get an error in antechamber when a metal is involved?

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 15:56:00 -0400

On Fri, Apr 04, 2014, CHRISTOPHER PATRICK MCNARY wrote:

> I'm trying to convert a gesp file that contains a metal to a mol2 or
> prepin or pdb file. Every time I run antechamber to do the conversion I
> get this error:
>
> For atom[14]:Zn1, the best APS is not zero, bonds involved by this atom
> are frozen (nothing is frozen in the input .com file)

Antechamber is for organic molecules; it cannot handle transition metal ions.
You can use resp directly to derive RESP charges from electratstic potentials
determined from Gaussian.

[For developers and/or Junmei: there should be better error messages when
antechamber finds elements it is not prepared to handle.]

....dac