[AMBER] Inconsistent results of MMPBSA.py with option inp=1 and inp=2

From: tong <tongzhu9110.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 22:57:04 +0800

Dear everyone,

I am using MMPBSA.py to compute the binding affinity of a protein-ligand
system. My input file is:

input file for running PB and GB
&general
 endframe=20, keep_files=2,
/
&gb
  igb=2,saltcon=0.100
/
&pb
  istrng=0.100,
/

However, the calculated results are very strange, with the deltaG=
4.73kal/mol:

Differences (Complex - Receptor - Ligand):
Energy Component Average Std. Dev. Std. Err.
of Mean
VDWAALS -39.1172 3.1360
0.7012
EEL -64.1091 4.9433
1.1054
EPB 83.7146 6.2319
1.3935
ENPOLAR -29.2044 0.8518
0.1905
EDISPER 53.4513 1.2155
0.2718

DELTA G gas -103.2263 5.7924
1.2952
DELTA G solv 107.9616 6.5209
1.4581

DELTA TOTAL 4.7353 5.7145
1.2778

Then I add a option in the &pb session of the input file: inp=1, (the
default is inp=2), then the results is much better:

Differences (Complex - Receptor - Ligand):
Energy Component Average Std. Dev. Std. Err.
of Mean
VDWAALS -39.1172 3.1360
0.7012
EEL -64.1091 4.9433
1.1054
EPB 83.7146 6.2319
1.3935
ENPOLAR -3.9779 0.1122
0.0251
EDISPER 0.0000 0.0000
0.0000

DELTA G gas -103.2263 5.7924
1.2952
DELTA G solv 79.7368 6.1816
1.3822

DELTA TOTAL -23.4895 5.3000
1.1851

I checked the manual, and found that inp=1 or inp=2 just mean that
MMPBSA.py using different methods to calculate the non-polar term of
solvation energy. So, is the large difference between these results are
normal? Or did I make some thing wrong?

Please help me to figure it out!

Thank you so much!

Tong