[AMBER] Normal mode for truncated system

From: Ahmed Ayoub <atayoub.ualberta.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 12:45:19 -0600

Dear Amber Users,

I will be running an entropy calculation using normal modes. As I
understood from Genheden et al. 2012, truncated systems are more efficient
than using the full system. I have a couple of questions regarding the
methodology.

1) I'll use cpptraj to truncate both the trajectories and the topology
files based on distance-dependent residue masks. Is this right or should I
use tleap?

2) Do I have to somehow "cap" the exposed bonds that will occur after
truncation?

3) The reference mentioned that all residues beyond 8 A were kept fixed
during the minimization and frequency calculations. How o I achieve that?
Is there a certain option in the input files that allow for fixing residues
based on names or distance? Please help with this.

Thanks in advance.

--
Ahmed Taha Ayoub
PhD Student, Theoretical and Computational Chemistry