Re: [AMBER] SHAWKTRAJ, a new trajectory analysis tool

From: Fabian Glaser <fglaser.technion.ac.il>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 14:20:10 +0300

Hi all,

I downloaded it but I get an error while trying to run:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libgfortran.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/fabian/TOOLS/amber/amber12/bin/shawktraj
  Reason: image not found

This is on a OS X system, could somebody please help ??

THanks a lot in advance,

Fabian

On Apr 1, 2014, at 2:03 PM, Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Amberites,
>
> We are pleased to announce the development and now the release of a new
> trajectory analysis tool. For years, the program 'ptraj' had been the
> principle module for analyzing trajectories in the Amber suite of
> programs that recently gave way to a reimplementation in C++ called
> cpptraj. We have decided to reimplement this functionality again,
> avoiding the headaches of using needlessly complex programming languages
> in favor of a far more user-friendly pair of programming languages --
> POSIX shell and the popular awk languages.
>
> This new program, shawktraj, couples the advanced technology developed
> within ptraj and cpptraj with the power, flexibility, and simplicity of
> the shell and awk languages to develop a powerful program for performing
> any and all trajectory and data analyses with the natural, expressive,
> and easy-to-master interface afforded by shell and awk. Computationally
> intensive functionality has been implemented with a combination of C++
> and compiled python so that the performance and scalability of shawktraj
> at least matches that of its predecessors ptraj and cpptraj. Parallelism
> has been implemented with custom SSH/RSH calls and shared files,
> allowing use of multiple processors where available.
>
> The user interface of shawktraj was designed to be completely compatible
> with the interface developed in cpptraj and can be used as a true
> drop-in replacement. The code is currently available under a permissive
> open-source license on Github, with the link to the repository given in
> the postscript of this announcement. We encourage anybody and everybody
> that is interested to visit the Github page and give shawktraj a try.
> It is already fully-functional and currently implements all of cpptraj's
> functionality.
>
> On behalf of two members of the Amber/SHAWKTRAJ development team,
> Jason Swails and Dan Roe
>

> Github address: https://github.com/swails/shawktraj
>
> "shawktraj - it will shawk you..."
>
> --
> Jason M. Swails
> BioMaPS,
> Rutgers University
> Postdoctoral Researcher

_______________________________
Fabian Glaser, PhD

Head of the Structural Bioinformatics section
Bioinformatics Knowledge Unit - BKU

The Lorry I. Lokey Interdisciplinary
Center for Life Sciences and Engineering
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
Haifa 32000, ISRAEL

fglaser.technion.ac.il
Tel: +972 4 8293701
Fax: +972 4 8225153