Re: [AMBER] Regarding SPC/E water model

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 15:46:25 -0400

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014, MOHD HOMAIDUR RAHMAN wrote:

> source leaprc.ff99bsc0
> WAT = SPC
> HOH = SPC
> loadAmberParms frcmod.spce
> set SPC.1 name "SPC"

Why did you do this? It might well have some undesirable side-effects; waters
are conventionally named WAT or HOH.

> set default FlexibleWater on

This is probably pretty bad: SPC/E is a rigid water model, not a flexible one.

> RM = loadpdb wat_pack.pdb

What are the residue names in the wat_pack.pdb file?

> By searching SPC/E water model parameter in topology file, I found that the
> leap taken the default TIP3P water model parameter.

I don't immediately see why this would be happening; the one big unknown here
is the contents of your pdb-file, so let's rule out problems there first.

(Maybe some other eagle-eyed person on the list will spot the problem first)

...dac