Re: [AMBER] combining trajectories with diff. number of residues for same protein

From: Nitin Sharma <sharmanitin.nus.edu.sg>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 01:42:35 +0800

Respected sir,

Thanks for prompt reply and yes that solved my problem. Only one more query regarding generation of stripped prmtop. As I can generate the prmtop files by following two which I can see differs slightly in their size. So, which process is the correct approach?

cpptraj complex_solvated.prmtop strip2merge_2 > strip2merge_2.out
#strip2merge2
trajin 5md.mdcrd 2000 last
strip :1-18,168-182,Na+,Cl- outprefix stripped_2NL9_046
trajout 2NL9_046_strip.mdcrd netcdf nobox

                OR

parmed.py complex_solvated.prmtop strip_Parm_2
#strip_Param_2
strip :1-18,168-182,Na+,Cl- outprefix stripped_2NL9_046
parmout /hpctmp/a0068362/MCL1_combined_test/2NL9_046_strip_prmtop.prmtop

Moreover, as prmtop file is required by cpptraj so do I need to load both prmtop files or have to merge prmtop files as well. If I have to merge them then how can I do that ?

Thanks and regards,
Nitin Sharma