Re: [AMBER] ibelly

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 08:31:18 -0600

Hi,

You may have an easier time using the 'restraintmask' and 'restraint_wt'
namelist variables with ntr=1 (I almost always do), e.g.:

energy minimization
&cntrl
  imin = 1,
  maxcyc = 2000,
  ncyc = 250,
  cut = 10,
  ntb = 1,
  ntr = 1,
  restraintmask = ':1-289',
  restraint_wt = 5.0,
&end

Hope this helps,

-Dan

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Urszula Uciechowska <
urszula.uciechowska.biotech.ug.edu.pl> wrote:

> hi,
>
> I changed it to RES but still getting error:
>
> My input file is the following:
>
> energy minimization
> &cntrl
> imin = 1,
> maxcyc = 2000,
> ncyc = 250,
> cut = 10,
> ntb = 1,
> ntr = 1,
> /
> Hold the DNA-protein fixed
> RES 1 289
> END
> END
>
> in out I have:
>
> 5. REFERENCE ATOM COORDINATES
>

> ----- READING GROUP 1; TITLE:
> Hold the DNA-protein fixed
>
> rfree: Error decoding variable 1 3 from:
> RES
>
> this indicates that your input contains
>
> incorrect information
>
> field 1 was supposed to
>
> have a (1=character, 2=integer, 3=decimal) value
>
> I am using now AMBER11 and have no how to correct it.
>
> /Urszula
>
> > On Tue, Mar 25, 2014, Urszula Uciechowska wrote:
> >>
> >> My complex contains DNA and protein. I would like to use ibelly to keep
> >> frozen the complex and allowed water to move.
> >
> > I'd advise against that (but then I always do!) Consider using
> restraints
> > the initial position (ntr=1) rather than the belly.
> >

> >> energy minimization for DNA and protein
> >> &cntrl
> >> imin = 1,
> >> maxcyc = 2000,
> >> ncyc = 500,
> >> cut = 12,
> >> ntb = 1,
> >> ibelly = 1,
> >> /
> >> RES WAT
> >> END
> >> END

> >> ----- READING GROUP 1; TITLE:
> >> RES WAT
> >> Number of atoms in this group = 0
> >
> > Note that your group syntax is wrong, and is selecting zero atoms. See
> > the
> > chapter on group selections in the Manual.
> >
> >> NSTEP ENERGY RMS GMAX NAME
> >> NUMBER
> >> 1 -1.0972E+06 NaN 0.0000E+00 N 1
> >>
> >> BOND = 0.0000 ANGLE = 0.0000 DIHED =
> >> 0.0000
> >> VDWAALS = -624.5497 EEL = -1096564.5563 HBOND =
> >> 0.0000
> >> 1-4 VDW = 0.0000 1-4 EEL = 0.0000 RESTRAINT =
> >> 0.0000
> >
> > It's not clear what caused RMS to be NaN (not a number). You should
> > experiment with the input parameters (running short, say 10-step
> > simulations
> > with ntpr=1) until you can get something to work. The fact that you have
> > no
> > bond, angle, etc. energies is suspicious: I suspect that the code may
> well
> > have a bug if you set ibelly=1, but choose no atoms to be in the belly.

> [...]

Daniel R. Roe, PhD
Department of Medicinal Chemistry
University of Utah
30 South 2000 East, Room 201