[AMBER] QM/MM

From: John Smith <ddfd09.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 16:17:32 +0000

Hi AMBER users

I am trying to run a QM/MM MD simulation on a protein ligand complex (431
amino acid protein). I used Antechamber initially for the prepin and frcmod
files. I then used xLeap to generate the prmtop and inpcrd files. I am
trying to run a QM/MM simulation where the quantum region would include the
ligand and a key residue in the protein (CYS123). I am using AMBER12 and
have a GPU machine. I noticed that I cannot use the PMEMD to run QM/MM and
I have to use Sander, even with Sander I am getting the error message
"Internal namelist read error" and the calculation stops. The input files
is as follows:

Initial minimisation
 &cntrl
  imin=1, maxcyc=2000, ncyc=1000,
  cut=12, ntb=1, igb=0, ifqnt=1
/
  &qmmm
  qmmask = '123, 432'
  qmcharge = 0,
  qm_theory = 'PM3'
  qmcut = 12.0
 /
END
END

This input file is for the initial minimisation and I was planning to use
the QM part on the MD stages as well but unfortunately I am being unable to
progress because of the aforementioned error message.

Could you please help me with that?

Also is there a command that I can use to run the calculations on the GPU?

Many thanks
Mahmood Jasim